Saturday, June 02, 2007
Isikoff: Congress Wants Ashcroft's Testimony - Newsweek Politics - MSNBC.comTechnorati Tags: Warrantless Eavesdropping, John Ashcroft,
June 1, 2007 - The Senate and House Intelligence Committees are asking former attorney general John Ashcroft to testify about a March 2004 hospital-room confrontation during which he refused to sign off on a continuation of President Bush’s warrantless eavesdropping program, according to congressional and administration sources.
All Spin Zone » Top Ten Reasons GOP Voters Prefer Fred ThompsonTechnorati Tags: Top Ten List, Fred Thompson, Presidential Election,
10. If you’re going to tell American voters tall tales, you need to nominate the tallest candidate.9. GOP voters expect their politicians to tell them what they want to hear…and they insist that the nominee is able to execute that task well and with flair.
8. GOP voters are skittish about men like John McCain…they prefer that their presidential candidates either have no military experience or that they know how to fake it.
7. He has experience with partisan presidential politics…he starred in The Hunt For Red October…which should translate well into a red November.
6. Rudi Giuliani brought law and order to New York City…but Fred Thompson brought Law & Order to every American home.
5. He would do a much better job with natural disasters like Katrina…he learned the dangers of wind and water when filming Cape Fear.
4. Actors make the best GOP candidates…you give them a script, they memorize it, and they repeat it over and over again.
3. He won’t be afraid to continue the Bush administration’s torture policy…he’s already threatened to give Michael Moore electro-shock therapy in Cuba.
2. Mitt Romney may have Ronald Reagan’s hair…but Fred Thompson can be counted on to continue the Reagan tradition of having only one wife at a time.
1. Since the Clinton presidency, GOP voters want to be sure that their president prefers to smoke his cigars.
Violent Crime Up For Second Year - washingtonpost.comBush claims he can keep the United States safe from terrorists? Hell, he can not even keep us safe from ourselves.
The number of violent crimes in the United States rose for a second straight year in 2006, marking the first sustained increase in homicides, robberies and other serious offenses since the early 1990s, according to an FBI report to be released Monday.
Technorati Tags: Crime,
Friday, June 01, 2007
As Daniel J. Levitin notes, it was 40 years ago today -- June 1, 1967 -- that Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band was released in the UK; it came to the U.S. the next day.So, go to his blog and answer his question for the day: What is your favorite Beatles Album?
Technorati Tags: The Beatles, Beatles, St. Pepper's, Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band,